Bates / Wimbourne Quay
Price: £ POA
Bates & Wimbourne Quay strategic site is located on the south shore of the River Blyth Estuary to the north of Blyth town. The site is currently in use as Port operational land.
Blyth, NE24 1PA
Size: 37 Acres (14.97 hectares)
Contact: John Hildreth
Position: Business Growth and Investment Manager
Tel: 01670 528 463
Bates Terminal & Wimbourne Quay
● 15 HA in total including 3 HA Enterprise Zone (EZ).
● North East Enterprise Zone (EZ) which helps attract new industry to the area, providing enhanced capital allowance incentives.
● 16,000 sq m of warehousing and overhead cranage, hard standing open storage and roadways.
● Wimbourne Quay provides direct access to RORO pontoon and a deep-water quay (6.7 LAT) accommodating vessels up to 160m LOA. Storage areas with capacity of up to 12 tonnes per sq m.
● Existing marine fuels terminal.
● Bates Quay 160m berth (7.3m LAT) for offshore energy projects and warehousing activities.
● Local Development Order in place for Bates Terminal to help fast track developments for offshore energy and port related uses.
The Bates & Wimbourne Quay strategic site is located on the south shore of the River Blyth Estuary to the north of Blyth town centre. The site is currently in use as Port operational land.
Access can be made from either Regent Street (B1329) or Cowpen Road (A193) which leads onto the A189 dual carriageway and from there to the national motorway network.
The site is within the town, is adjacent to the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult and Blyth Riverside Business Park. It falls within the Blyth Estuary Renewable Energy Enterprise Zone benefiting from enhanced capital allowance for investment in plant and machinery and Local Development Orders providing fast tracked planning for specified developments.
Distance to Newcastle International Airport: 16.37 km
Flight Information There are regular direct flights from Newcastle International Airport to destinations across the UK, Europe, Middle East and North America. In addition, over 450 international destinations can be accessed from Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Dubai. Flight times to London Heathrow are 1hr 10mins, Paris are 1hr 40mins, Amsterdam are 1hr 20mins, Dubai are 8hrs and New York are 7hr 45mins.
Closest port: Port of Blyth 2.09 km
Want to know more?
Request further details below